If this season of Argo Re Summer Series triathlons has to end soon, at least it’s going out with a bang. For the second week in a row, we enjoyed virtually perfect conditions.
Romar Douglas was this week’s winner. Romar has been there or thereabouts a number of times, but I think this is the first time he’s finished first. Well done! Otis Ingham–as usual–finished near the top, this time in a strong second place. In third was Charlie Duffy in an excellent time of 27:45.
Sharon Hammond was, again, our leading lady. Sharon originally took part in these events to shepherd her sons Rudi and Lois, then very young, around the course. She’s spread her wings since they no longer need a guardian athlete (can I mix any more metaphors?) and Sharon now competes capably at Ironman 70.3 distances. Laura Hope continued her recent improvement, finishing in second place in 30:16. She’ll crack the 30 minute mark soon. Strong running Lynsey Palmer returned to claim third place.
Other stuff to mention:
- Don’t forget that there is great footage of last week’s event in the triathlon section of www.islandstats.com.
- Ian Pilgrim was leading after the swim and bike legs but decided to take a nap during the run leg. He stirred himself occasionally to urge everyone else to run hard.
- Otis Ingham has worked out how to make his swim leg nearly as fast as his run. He runs for most of it, in shallow water.
- Thankfully Charlie Duffy didn’t bring the long blonde wig he was seen dancing in on Saturday.
- On a more serious note, Kirstie Jones deserves a medal for her improvement around the bike turns. Well done. See–cones don’t bite.
And the results were…
1 26:14 Romar Douglas
2 26:23 Otis Ingham
3 27:45 Charlie Duffy
4 28:01 Gerhard Boonstra
5 28:15 Sharon Hammond
6 28:39 James Dodgson
7 29:12 Aaron Cannonier
8 29:23 Jeffrey Tyrrell
9 29:26 Rudi Hammond
10 30:16 Laura Hope
11 31:13 Caleb Ingham
12 31:15 Eddie Fisher
13 31:24 Lynsey Palmer
14 32:30 Marie Taylor
15 34:06 David Hope
16 34:29 Louis Hammond
17 34:44 Nancy Stevens
18 36:58 Kirstie Jones
19 38:09 Judith Howe Tucker
100m swim/2 laps bike/1 lap run
19:49 Kai’Jun SimonsOther distances
17:40 Ian Pilgrim 200m swim/3 km bike/no run
23:43 Nick Pilgrim 200m swim/3 km bike/1 km run
24:14 Megan Hands 200m swim/2 km bike/1 km run
31:52 Joanna Heaney 200m swim/3 km bike/1 km run
35:10 Lucrecia Ming 200m swim/2 km bike/1 km run